There are several Nebraska down payment assistance programs that can help you with down payment. Limited funds should not be a reason for not owning your dream home anymore.
Nebraska down payment assistance programs help you cover a percentage of the down payment required, take care of part of the closing cost as well as principal reduction. However, this will depend on the type of program you wish to get assistance from. There are a variety of programs in Nebraska; state programs, those run by the city and charity down payment assistance.
With assistance in home buying, there is an increase in the interest rate if you are using state programs. City programs provide for principal reduction and help with the closing cost. Home sellers pay up to 3% of the purchase price.
There are various sources from which you can get additional funds. These include loans from the federal government and those from banks, grants, gifts, nonprofit housing agencies, tax credits and so on. Apart from giving financial assistance, some of the nonprofit housing agencies also offer guidance, advice and counseling on house financing.
First time home buyers in Nebraska stand a high chance of getting down payment assistance from different sources. By first time home buyers, it means people who have not owned a home or any other property for the past three years. You qualify for home buying assistance if you are above 18 years and are a resident of Nebraska. Other qualifications will depend on the program from which you wish to get assistance.
Buying a home is a huge decision and one of the biggest financial transactions you will ever make in your life. Getting a little assistance that you can pay back is not a bad idea. Nebraska down payment assistance programs are a good start for any kind of financial support you would like during the initial stages of home buying. Keep in mind however, that the levels of down payment assistance vary.
Below is a list of Nebraska Down Payment Assistance Programs:
- Homeownership Program NeighborWorks Lincoln
- Columbus Housing Authority
- Broken Bow Housing Authority
- Kearney Gibbon & Minden Housing Auths
- Lancaster County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Nebraska Housing Authority
- Omaha Housing Authority
- Omaha Housing Authority Home Ownership
- Douglas County Holy Name Housing Corporation New Community Development Corporation and Omaha Economic Development Corporation Focus Community Initiative Challenge Grant
- Grand Island Homeownership Opportunity Program
- Hastings Southwood Subdivision Down Payment Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance Program
- Multi Counties Blue Valley Community Action Inc HomeOwnership Opportunity Program
- Multi Counties High Plains Community Development Corporation Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance Program
- Multi Counties Northeast Economic Development Inc. Northeast Regional Down Payment Assistance Program
- Multi Counties Northern Ponca Housing Authority DownPayment Assistance Program
- Nebraska Down Payment Assistance Programs
- Nebraska Investment Finance Authority
- Norfolk Elkhorn Valley Community Development Corporation Homeownership Opportunity Program