Mississippi down payment assistance programs are offered through Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) in an effort to provide monies to home buyers who are making a purchase of a home for the first time of low- and medium- income homebuyers. The program is offered statewide via MHC-approved lenders.
To be eligible for Mississippi down payment assistance programs, interested homebuyers must meet several standards. These include incomes that do not exceed county limits, meet credit eligibility limits as well as an acceptable credit profile, need, and the completion of an eight-hour homebuyer education class. Applicants must also have less than $ 4,500 in liquid assets. The property must be owner occupied, and must be their primary residence.
The property being purchased must also meet certain qualifications for Mississippi down payment assistance programs. These include being owner occupied, single family attached or single family detached, townhomes or condominiums that are approved, and manufactured homes that are permanently affixed. The MHC will also make determinations as to the appropriateness of homes to meet the standards of the loan programs.
Anyone who wishes to apply for the program should apply through an approved lender who will judge the eligibility of the borrower and submit the application to the MHC, which will make a determination of eligibility and qualification. Since its founding, the program have helped many residents of the state of Mississippi become homeowners who otherwise would not. This includes some of those in greatest need, low- and medium-income persons.
Below is a list of Mississippi Down Payment Assistance Programs:
- Biloxi Housing Authority
- Corinth Housing Authority
- Iuka Housing Authority
- Housing Authority of the City of Meridian
- Mississippi Housing Authority
- Mississippi Regional Housing Authority IV
- Mississippi Regional Housing Authority VI
- Newton FirstTime Home Buyer Grant Program
- Oxford Housing Authority
- Tupelo Housing Authority
- Biloxi Home Buyer Programs
- Biloxi PRIDE Homeownership Program
- Home Of Your Own Program (HOYO)
- Mississippi down payment assistance programs
- Mississippi DownPayment Assistance Program
- Mississippi Home Corporation
- Mississippi Mortgage Credit Certificate
- Mortgage Revenue Bond
- Smart Solution Program
- Smart Solution Second Program