In Michigan, there are various Michigan down payment assistance programs which help low and moderate income residents buy homes. These programs are administered by public agencies which operate with federal and state funds. The people who primarily benefit from these programs are the people who are unlikely to afford buying new homes and hence require assistance. To be eligible for these programs applicants are required to meet certain conditions which are stipulated depending on the program one applies.
Some of the popular down payment programs in Michigan include the one provided by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority. This program provide applicants with a maximum of seven thousand and five hundred dollars for down payment, closing cost and home inspection. This amount does not require to be paid in monthly installments like in normal mortgages. Instead, beneficiaries of this program only have to pay if they change ownership of their homes. Some of the conditions in this program include; applicant should have incomes below 80% of Michigan median income, applicants must attend buyer education course and applicants must fund at least one percent of the closing cost. Another popular down payment assistance program in Michigan is the one provided by Jackson Affordable Housing Corporation which provide applicants with a minimum of one thousand dollars and a maximum of two thousand dollars to purchase homes in the city. Graduate Purchase Assistance is also a popular program and it helps applicants who have graduated from college within a period less than three years and have earned associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degrees.
Besides meeting all the requirements to qualify for the various down payment assistance programs in Michigan, it is also important to apply correctly. One of the most important aspects of filling these applications is that one needs to provide truthful information. This is because the authorities that approve the applications do their own investigation and they deny applications if they find untruthful information. It is also paramount to fill all the required information in the right way without omiting anything since this can also lead to the application being denied. Therefore, people wishing to buy homes in Michigan can readily benefit from the various Michigan down payment assistance programs provided they meet the necessary requirements and they apply in the right way.
Below is a list of Michigan Down Payment Assistance Programs:
- Hillsdale Housing Commission
- Wayne County First Time Home Buyer Program
- Battle Creek Housing Commission
- Boyne City Housing Commission
- Hamtramck Housing Commission
- Jackson Housing Commission
- Lansing Down Payment Assistance Program
- LTBB Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
- Michigan Housing Directors Association
- Michigan Housing Authority
- Sault Ste. Marie Housing Commission
- Berrien County Greater Niles Community Development Corporation Acquisition/Development/Resale Program
- Down Payment Assistance Program
- Jackson County Jackson Affordable Housing Corporation DownPayment Assistance Program
- Lansing Home Ownership Program for Employees
- MI First Home Program
- Michigan Down Payment Assistance Programs
- Michigan Mortgage Credit Certificate
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Schoolcraft County Homebuyer Assistance Program